The first thing to tell is that just like puppies, this CD is not just for Christmas - You can use it all year round. We are very proud of this CD - it does many, many things but you will find it extremely easy to use.
Where to begin with this one? Well to start with, like all of our other CD's it has video footage embedded into the CD. We take you step by step through all of the brilliant things that you can do with it which should answer all of your questions before you think of them. There is also a video project embedded on the CD and a gallery of some of the designs that we created.
As crafters, we were finding ourselves getting a little peeved when matting and layering as 90% of the paper you use is hidden by the layer on top of it. Well now with this CD you can do it all on the computer and print it out. Let us just take you through the CD and we are sure you will discover more things you can do with them.
1. You have 13 layering shapes.
2. You have shape options going up in ones so you can print out your design in the size you want.
3. You can inlay text in the centre of your design with whichever fonts you already have on your computer.
4. You can alter the size of the font.
5. You can alter the size between the text lines with the gap section.
6. You can move your text from left to centre to the right.
7. You have 130 colours to choose from for your text.
8. The amount of layers you can have depends on the thickness of the layers - we have done as many as 18.
9. You can add a layer and remove a layer at any time.
10. You can save all of the designs that you have created.
11. You can go to print settings to choose portrait or landscape and print quality settings.
12. Go to print preview and it will show you what your design looks like on the page. You also have options for multiple prints, centre printing and go to the card print section and print out horizontal and vertical folding cards.
13. You can make all the layers thicker and thinner.
14. You have edge effects as well. Emboss, bevel and shadow which give you a 3D look as if you have foam pads in between the layers.
15. You have 130 background colours to choose from.
16. You have 130 text colours to choose from.
17. 130 Texture colours to choose - you will find them in the bottom left of the screen entitled 2 Click to Choose Boxes. There are 20 textures and patterns to choose from.
18. Top edge text will give you text at the top half of the shape and all the way around.
19. Bottom edge text will only give you text at the bottom half of the shape.
20. Overlay texture will allow you to add any of those textures to the layers.
The Textures and Patterns are:
1. Bubble, 2. Canvas, 3. Corded, 4. Frost, 5. Gingham, 6. Handmade, 7. Hearts, 8. Holly, 9. Ivy, 10. Lace, 11. Leaf Dot, 12. Linen, 13. Mistletoe, 14. Pine, 15. Plaid, 16. Ribbon, 17. Snowflake, 18. Stars, 19. Swirls, 20. Wood.
There are a range of edge designs to choose from as well which include -
1. Dot Cross, 2. Butterfly, 3. Snowflake, 4. Paw Print, 5. Moon, 6. Star, 7. Spade, 8. Diamond, 9. Heart, 10. Club.
And again, these can be printed out in any of 130 colours.
You can use the mat and layers with all your crafts, especially card making, rubber stamping, stencilling, paper pricking and of course, scrapbooking.